I apologize that this post is so belated. This week's deals end tonight, so some of the items below won't be on sale tomorrow. However, I will give you a brief Target "how-to". There are a few things to consider with Target deals:
1. You can use one Target coupon and combine it with one manufacturer's coupon for the same item (ideally an item that is on sale).
2. Look for gift card deals in the Sunday ad and try to combine with coupons.
3. Look for trial size, dollar bin, and checkout lane deals. Some coupons do not specify the size of the product and can be used on items from Target's trial/travel size bins, dollar bins, or checkout lanes to get them for free.
Here's this week's trip. Though it doesn't look very healthy, I made some notes as to my reasoning:
Quilted Northern toilet paper (12 pk)
$6.49 on sale
- $1.00 (printable)
Chex Mix (x4 in checkout lanes)
- 1.00 (printable)
Pond's Facial Towelettes (in trial bins)
- 1.50 (printable)
Kotex pantyliners (x2 20 ct. in trial bins)
$1.97 for 2
- $1.50 for 2 (10/4 SS)
= $0.47 for 2 boxes
- 0.64 (free mailer coupon no longer available)
Quaker Chewy Granola Bars (x2)
$4.00 for 2 boxes on sale
- 1.50 for 2 (printable or 8/30 RP)
- 0.50 (Target printable)
- 0.50 (Target printable) note: use 2 Target coupons for 2 boxes
= $2.00 for 2 boxes ($1.00 each)
note: S does not eat these. They are my indulgence.
Skippy Peanut Butter
$2.04 on sale
- $1.00 (Target printable)
note: We eat "stir" peanut butter, but since this was a good deal, I bought it for baking.
Mott's (no sugar added) Applesauce (x5)
$1.75 each on sale
no coupons available, but $5 gift card earned
note: Applesauce is much cheaper by the jar, but we use these at restaurants for S or on trips and $0.75 each after the gift card deal is pretty good. Also, I know it's a lot, but it doesn't expire for a year.
Paid $5.04 with Target gift cards from past deals
Total OOP = $12.78 and earned a $5 gift card