October 5, 2009

Feltboard Fun



This week I decided to make a feltboard for S because one of my favorite holiday rhymes as a child was "Five Little Pumpkins".  I took three sides of a cardboard box and taped them together in a triangle.  I later plan to cover the other two sides with green (land) and blue (water) felt for other scenes.  I was going to cut out pumpkins by free hand until I came across this site that has templates.  You just print them out and glue them to felt backing. 

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
The first one said, "Oh, my it's getting late!"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "But we don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's run, let's run!"
The fifth one said, "Isn't Halloween fun?"

Then Woooooo went the wind
And OUT went the lights.
And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment