October 21, 2009

Hoot!



Yesterday I pulled out my old teaching files to see if there was anything in the Halloween one for S and there wasn't much since I taught fourth and sixth grades, but I did come across this owl paper bag puppet template.  We colored it together and then had fun flying, hooting and "eating mice".  I came across a similar template here if you are interested.



Our timing of the puppet was perfect because I received an email on Sunday from Tara at Raising Itty Bitty Bookworms that I had won her Friday Giveaway- a copy of Baby Owl's Rescue by Sylvan Dell Publishing.  These books are beautifully done, very educational, and each has suggested teaching activities.  S is a little young for it now, but he will enjoy the owl pictures and it will be a wonderful book to grow into.

No comments:

Post a Comment