October 10, 2009

7 Cents Per (Size 5) Diaper!


I am so excited about today's BRU trip.  Today I received a coupon in the mail for a FREE value box of diapers because I purchased 9 boxes at BRU as part of their Rewards R Us program.    Also today I saw on Babycheapskate that BRU is running a "Buy 2 Boxes, Get $15 Gift Card" deal through Monday.  So I thought to myself, "Hmm? I wonder if my free box counts as one of the two boxes?"  And it did!  So...

2 Value Boxes of Pampers Size 5 Cruisers = $82 ($41 each)
- Used a BRU FREE value box coupon towards the first box (mailed as part of Rewards R Us)
- Used a $1.00 Pampers manufacturer's coupon towards the first box (unknown mailer)
- Used a $5 BRU Pampers coupon (printable here)
- Used a $1.50 Pampers manufacturer's coupon towards the first box (unknown mailer)
+ Earned $15 gift card

When the gift card is taken into account, that's 248 diapers (124 diapers per box) for $18.50 or about 7 cents per diaper!  Note:  If these were size 1, they would be 4 cents per diaper!

While you may not have a free value box coupon handy before Monday, the lesson here is if you participate in Rewards R Us, then save your free coupon (but note the expiration date) for when a gift card promo is occuring and combine it with both BRU and manufacturer's coupons.

Note:  Partaking in the Rewards R Us program is only a good deal when you always use a combo of BRU coupons, manufacturer's coupons, gift card promos, and you take into account the free box once you have purchased 9 boxes.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know of any blog or site that compares the price of Pampers and Luvs diapers at stores such as Walmart, Target, BRU, etc.? I would be buying sizes 4 and 5 and not sure the BRU deal saves me money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know any that compare individual stores, but I have used this chart from Babycheapskate before to help determine if it's a deal or not:

    http://www.scribd.com/doc/15792914/How-Many-Diapers-Per-Pack

    I will say I do not think BRU is much of a deal unless you stick to the Rewards plan over time and always use 2 coupons with a gift card deal and count your free box (which is a lot of work).

    ReplyDelete