I thought I would just list a bunch of Thanksgiving activity ideas since I'm behind on posts:
- Feather color matching: See above photo.
- Place setting vocabulary and matching: I printed this place setting from Nick Jr. and placed it inside a clear sheet protector. We have been naming and matching the parts of the place setting and we will use it as a placemat during Thanksgiving dinner.
- Food photographs: I have been cutting out photographs of traditional Thanksgiving foods from catalogs, ads, and foodie magazines and gluing them down on a paper plate to help S learn turkey, corn, sweet potatoes, squash, pie...
- Thanksgiving coloring book: I printed several Thanksgiving coloring pages from here, added a cover page and stapled them all together to make a Thanksgiving coloring book. The original purpose was just to keep S busy, but it has been a good visual to learn Pilgrim, boat, turkey...
- Painting with feathers: Simply use feathers as your paintbrush.
- Turkey hand prints: An oldie, but goodie.
- Corn sensory tub: Be sure to use dried corn! Add various containers, funnels, and scoops to the tub as well.
Note: I did end up getting my free contact solution. Thanks, Christy!